Tuesday 9 September 2014

Movie | Grown Ups 2

 photo GrownUps2_zps30acd642.pngGrown Ups 2
Sequel To: Grown Ups
Distributed By: Columbia Pictures
Released On: July 12, 2013 (USA)
DVD Release: November 5, 2013 (USA)
Rated: 12
Genre: Comedy
Format: TV
Rating: 3

After moving his family back to his hometown to be with his friends and their kids, Lenny finds out that between old bullies, new bullies, schizo bus drivers, drunk cops on skis, and 400 costumed party crashers sometimes crazy follows you.


The sequel to 2010’s Grown Ups follows four childhood friends – Lenny, Eric, Kurt and Marcus – three years after their eventful trip to the lake house. In this time, Lenny has quit his job and moved his family back to his hometown to be with his best friends. Summer is just around the corner and the four friends plan to make it just like the old days, with bizarre consequences.

The start of this movie is ridiculous. A deer appears in the bedroom without anyone knowing. I don’t know about you but all I would expect from leaving your front door lying open during the night is a whole lot of things missing. I really can’t get my head around this beginning at all.

You cannot take this movie seriously. There is almost nothing realistic in this movie. If you were to try and take it seriously, you would completely hate it. However, I found the majority of the unrealistic situations to be so bizarre they became funny. The whole thing was ridiculous but it somehow worked, to some extent.

I liked that the children had more of a story in this movie. The first movie was very focused on the “adults”, with their children providing additional jokes. I found that this movie involved the children a lot more and I thought it added to the family comes first message of the film.

Taylor Lautner as a frat boy is just cringey. I mean this in the best possible way. His character is so arrogant and stupid that I couldn’t help but cringe during every scene he was in. For some reason, I found this hilarious and ended up loving his character for that reason alone.

Overall, I did actually like this movie. I was expecting awful things and it was a lot better than I expected. However, it was quite stupid and unrealistic. Although these aspects mostly made it funny, some were just too much and ruined the film a bit for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment