Tuesday 9 September 2014

Movie | Our Idiot Brother

 photo OurIdiotBrother_zps1c661960.pngOur Idiot Brother
Distributed By: The Weinstiein Company
Released On: August 26, 2011 (USA)
DVD Release: November 29, 2011 (USA)
Rated: 12
Genre: Comedy
Format: TV
Rating: 1

After his early release from jail after supplying a police officer with cannabis, Ned (Rudd) is dumped by his girlfriend and denied custody of his dog, Willie Nelson. With nowhere to go, Ned arrives on his sister's doorstep. He then spends his time moving between the homes of his three sisters and although at first they are weary of having their pot-smoking hippie brother living with them they grow to love his eternally positive and honest manner.


After a brief stint in prison for selling drugs to a uniformed police officer, Ned is forced to move back home to his family – his mother and three sisters – after being thrown out by his girlfriend, who will not let him take his dog. With nowhere else to go, he invades his sister’s lives leaving a trail of destruction behind him.

I now understand why I had not heard of this movie. I was surprised, given the cast, that I had not heard anything about this movie. I now wish I still had not heard anything about this movie.

I was expecting so much better from this cast. With the likes of Paul Rudd, Elizabeth Banks and Zooey Deschanel, I was expecting at least good things. I was so disappointed. Their fantastic acting skills, which were still up to par, were completely wasted on this film.

I didn’t even like the plot. From the description, this could have been a good plot. Again, I was disappointed. Surely no normal grown man is as stupid as Ned. Some of the things he does were just ridiculous. I was also quite annoyed by the importance of the dog to the story. I love dogs but there was no need for that aspect of the plot, it just added to the stupidity in my opinion.

Overall, I did not like this movie. The plot underwhelmed me and the whole movie was just annoying to me. The only positive thing I can say about this was the acting. The cast were great but I feel like this movie was a waste of their talents.

No comments:

Post a Comment